Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Reflective Post

Intro to Technology was my first online class I have ever taken. Here I thought it would be easy but I was wrong. Actually the only difficult thing was getting the motivation to open up my laptop and do the assignments instead of watching Netflix. So that is why you probably saw me at Starbucks or the local coffee shop writing blogs and commenting on my fellow classmates posts because if I do my homework at home it will not get done. It was the same thing with the textbook. I just could not get the gumption to thoroughly read it but hey the homework got done. Textbooks just bore me to death but Transforming Learning with New Technologies was still an excellent tool. I did enjoy the discussions I had with my classmates. I always enjoy hearing and seeing from other peoples point of views. I also learned about some tools that I can see being useful in the classroom. One of them was Frequency Modulated Systems which is a type of assistive listening device. Basically it is a miniature radio system. In one of my college classes the professor used a similar listening device but in reverse. Instead of the teacher having a microphone, there were microphones placed around the classroom so that she would be able to hear better. Funny how teacher tools can work both ways. I think it is cool how we can all come together and share thoughts and new discoveries with one another. Seriously without my classmate's findings I would be pretty clueless about a lot of stuff. I recall maybe about a year ago that Bitstrips were a big Facebook thing. At first I thought they were lame but now I can see how fun they can be! I still have not gotten the hang of Bitstrips but I do enjoy using Powtoon. I think with practice I can master the making of comic strips. The thing about comic strips is that they are eye catching and can be customized to your liking. I would not doubt if there was not two identical comic strips out there(unless we are talking about plagiarism stuff). All in all this semester is almost done. After this I will have one more class and then I can finally get that coveted Associates Degree. I did learn a lot in all the prerequisite classes for the Education Program. Out of all of them I would say this was the most challenging but I feel that it is worth it. Not going to lie: the path to becoming a teacher is a little scary. Or maybe what is scary is that I am transitioning from being a punk kid working dead end jobs to working towards a job that I actually would enjoy and can call a career. One thing for sure is that I am on the right path for myself and when I get there, I will get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment